We provide strategic services for mobility data products and platforms. We support:
- Traveler-information and journey-planning systems (especially for public mass transit and "shared" mobility)
- Transportation-planning and accessibility-analysis tools
- Transportation-network operation systems
Our team and partners have experience consulting for large corporations, small start-ups, NGOs, planning firms, universities, and government agencies.
Our experience and our approach to products is end-to-end, including:
- Researching user needs, refining business requirements, and creating proof-of-concept prototypes for web and mobile platforms.
- Managing engineering teams, evaluating problematic development efforts, and providing system architecture and software development services using modern toolkits and agile development practices.
- Scaling to support upwards of millions of users on hosted platforms, using containers and modern "dev/ops" tools, and iterating to improve products and teams.
We're the team that created the Transitland platform, and know how to work with hundreds of GTFS feeds at once. We're also ongoing contributors to the GTFS Best Practices initiative, and are experienced with the diverse range of technologies for generating and consuming transit data. We advise on transit data usage, strategy, technical architectures, and data licensing.
Interline supports both the Valhalla and OpenTripPlanner routing engines. Our staff are committers to both and serve on both technical steering committees.
- Valhalla is a multi-purpose routing engine. Interline sells Valhalla Tilepacks for instant download. If you have custom needs, we're available to consult on Valhalla integrations, from turn-by-turn directions to GPS map-matching.
- OpenTripPlanner (OTP) offers functionality specific to public-transit, both "fixed" and "flexible" route. (Fixed route covers buses and trains with predictable stops and schedules. Flexible transit includes paratransit and on-demand service.) Interline staff offer their expertise to organizations that need custom, on-premise OTP integrations.
- 🤷 Unknown
- Don't know which particular routing engine you need? Or does your organization not even know if a routing engine is relevant to your technical or strategic needs? We've helped organization understand the options and make informed decisions.