Why Valhalla Tilepacks?
Valhalla is fully open-source and available for anyone to operate. In our experience helping a wide range of organizations operate Valhalla, we've found that it's simple for everyone to run Valhalla instances for routing requests — but it's difficult to run the pipeline that generates Valhalla's internal tile datasets. That's why Interline provides Valhalla Tilepacks for instant download.
Interline runs a pipeline that every day combines together 40Gb of OpenStreetMap data with 1.6Tb of elevation to produce Valhalla tiles for the entire planet. You can download the entire planet or regional extracts of tiles to power your own Valhalla instances. No need to run or tune the pipeline. Update frequency is up to you: You can download once a day, weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
What data goes into build Valhalla Tilepacks?
Valhalla Tilepacks are created daily from the following data sources:
OpenStreetMap connectivity map © Mapzen
- approximately 40 gigabytes of OpenStreetMap data
- includes roadways, paths, and turn restrictions
- tags normalized to Valhalla's roadway hierarchy
- updated daily from Planet.osm diffs using Interline PlanetUtils
terrain tile map © Mapzen
- approximately 1.6 terabytes of terrain tiles, originally created by Mapzen
- refreshed from Terrain Tiles on AWS public dataset using Interline PlanetUtils
- used to add grade to OpenStreetMap roadways and paths
Note We're working on more data additions to Valhalla Tilepacks. Contact us with your suggestions.
How do I use Valhalla Tilepacks?
Using Valhalla Tilepacks is as simple as:
- Select your plan and sign up.
- Install Interline PlanetUtils on your computer or your server.
- Request a new Valhalla Tilepack using Interline PlanetUtils
- Place the
tiles.tar in your Valhalla server's data directory.
We're available to answer any questions along the way!
Pricing & Sign Up
* This price includes a 22% discount for prepayment of a 12-month contract. Prepay a 6-month contract and receive a 10% discount. Or if paying month-to-month the cost is $800 per month.
- Choose region(s) of interest
- Choose update frequency
- Choose package format
Sign up now
- Global tiles built every day
- Download at any frequency
- Includes 30-minute Q&A call
- Tile pipeline on your servers
- Private data additions
- Custom integrations